Dogglounge

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Dogglounge

Post by Lego »

If you fancy some easy listening deep deep deep house background music with a funky twist :lol: check out www.dogglounge.com and you can stream non stop house tunes 24hrs a day,choose wmp as itunes sounds terrible.Its good to have it playing if you've got a happenin crowd over and your too shy to play your dated 6 month old cds or 80's Lps.I think it's the music in the night club in second life.Can any of the DS heads out there say whether the 950GBP player is worth the outlay to listen to internet radio as I find that more appealing than trying to start buying cds so I can justify buying a DS.Was there any decent music made after 1967 anyway?If you had to get rid of part of your collection;everything before '67 or after which would you choose?

No shouting please :wink:
I know that tune
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

After!
Deep Purple started -68 and the best from Stones was after -67.

Then I would re-purchase all Bach and Mozart records :wink:
It's all about musical understanding!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

No 'Five Star' before '67, so I'm with ML on this one!
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Music Lover ,Aftermath is their best album and Mick still has an english accent.
I know that tune
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Charlie you're being ironic,yeh?.....Nora..hmmmm :wink:
I know that tune
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

-67? I don't know how many records I have that are recorded before that. -77 would give me some serious problems though.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Lego wrote:Charlie you're being ironic,yeh?.....
I don't feel ready to leave the house in the morning until I've listened to 'Rain or Shine' at least twice :wink:.

But seriously, I'm a child of the 70s and couldn't part with music from that era just yet, although as I get older, I'm listening more to older music especially classical but also some jazz and Sinatra/Ella F etc. Maybe in 10 years time the answer will be different.
Lego wrote:Aftermath is their best album and Mick still has an english accent.
I favour the Stones last couple of LPs with Decca plus Exile and Sticky Fingers. I'm not familiar with Aftermath other than by reputation. I should really make the effort to get hold of a copy. I don't know about you guys, but there is just too much good music out there and not enough time, and it doesn't help when people keep coming up with new stuff!

...and yeah, of course Norah! :)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I would like to stick my neck out and say that everything interesting happened after 1967. :wink:

But that would of course be a lie...

I agree with Azazello, choosing 1977 as the breaking point would make the choice really difficult for me!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Well, I can't give up everything after 1967 as "In the Court of the Crimson King" by King Crimson didn't come out until 1969. Since it is my favorite album it has to stay, as do "Love Over Gold", "Thick as a Brick", "Pretty Hate Machine", "Burn to Shine" and many, many others.

But I can't give up pre-1967 as Miles "Kind of Blue" is another in my top 5. And then there is "Electric Ladyland", "Revolver", "Time Out", etc. not to mention all the classical pieces.

And I wouldn't even give up DURING 1967 as that would let out "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"!

So all you who are giving up your pre-1967 music, and those of you giving up your post-1967 music can all ship your records to me (no CDs, please) and I'll take care of them for you. :)