Linn Majik DSM/4

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

erho

Linn Majik DSM/4

Post by erho »

Hello, would the Linn recommendable for the asking price? Does anyone have experiences or heard the DSM/4?
Thanks
Zee9

Re: Linn Majik DSM/4

Post by Zee9 »

I have tried the mdsm/1 (not worth the money) the 2&3 (much better but the same SQ on 2&3 and the only difference is hdmi 2.0)

I only enjoyed my last mdsm/3 with a tundra amp and was hesitant to try the mdsm/4.

Recently I was sent some demo parts for an experiment for our main systems Selekt dsm.

Organik dac
Utopik PS
Selekt (class D) Amp Module.

To my ears Utopik is as the biggest improvement. Organik is different from katalyst so it’s a personal opinion of you prefer Organik or Katalyst.

Another very big surprise for me was the class-D amp module (I believe it’s the same in the mdsm/4) I was never a believer in class D amplification but to my ears it sounds more fun and engaging than my Akurate 2200.

These tests were done with passive Kabers and passive Kan II’s.

It’s so good that I’m on the lookout for an amp module for my selekt now but just as a back up. I still prefer the tundra to the class d Amp Module and its leagues ahead of the class AB amp modules in the mdsm/1,2 or 3.

Depending on price the mdsm/4 might be a very good option for a 1 box solution. Of course the selekt would be better but that’s a whole different price.

The mdsm/4 is a strong contestant for our bedroom as a 1 box solution.

I have not personally tested the mdsm/4 but I would be willing to buy it blind just based on the internal amp if it’s the same as the selekt amp Module.

Hope that helps.
1. LP12/Selekt/TS 2.5/kabers+RelT7i
2. WiiM/modi3+/TS 2.2/Kan II
3. Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers