Listening to the Mono!

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Erik

Listening to the Mono!

Post by Erik »

Fredrik kindly lent me his prototype pair of the Tundra Mono (or Mono?) this weekend!
It replaced my Tundra which I have been using for almost a year and I think is a great amp. The Tundra makes it interesting to listen to all kind of music and I actually prefer it to non dynamiked Solos.

Then I connected the Monos! I didn't really know what to expect but the outcome was spectacular. This is not a beefed up Tundra, this is primarily a big improvement when it comes to musicality. They make it easier to follow the music and I find myself listening deeper into the performance. Everything seemes to go slower with maintained PRaT, like a major source upgrade. Strange. Or fantastic.
They are addictive, I find myself listening louder and I dig into my music library to find music I haven't enjoyed so much. Until now.
For me, this is more than I had expected.

Erik
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Erik,
thank you for the review.
Can we get some insights in your system (e.g. preamp, speakers) you put the Monos in ?

KR

matthias
Erik

Post by Erik »

I returned the Monos today and connecting the Tundra back to the system showed even more what a superior amp Fredrik have developed.
I really miss the Monos and I can't wait to get a pair. I have never heard reproduced music the way I did this weekend.

Mattias, I use a KDS or a Sondek as source and a KK and a pair of 212s with a K345.

Erik
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Great review all the things we want from an upgrade ..well done Fredrik
I know that tune